Production Blog

Hello World,

Let's get to adding the finishing touches to the film. First, I went straight to the easiest tweak to get it over with, the spooky scene. Like I mentioned before, my mom said that it was too fast, so I slowed it down a bit. Rather than having the speed at 1.2x, I brought it down to 1.1x. By adjusting it the slightest bit, it made it better to notice and see spooky yet not interfere with the length of the video. Next, I went through and found every scene that included dialogue. One of the feedback that I received was that the music was too loud whoever the characters were talking. So, I lowered the volume a bit for every scene that involved talking. This took a while because only a small amount of scenes had no audio or conversation, meaning I had to edit the volume on post of the scenes. This process wasn't too bad but it took a good chunk of time, but the worst was yet to come. Fixing the timing of the titles was definitely the most time consuming adjustment I had to make. I only added about 1-1:30 seconds to the length of the title appearance. Although it was tedious, I found of way to make my this process a lot easier. Once I edited the timing for one of the titles, I used the white vertical line that appears in CapCut and used it as a stopper to align them evenly without the hassle of trying to figure out if they are matching just by looking at it. After finishing the titles, I moved on to the transition for the flashback. For these scenes, I used an effect that looked as if a water drop has fell into a water surface. I felt like the more mellow and light feeling that it transmits fit better with the film and it does a good job at resembling a memory that someone is remembering. I also inverted the scene where I, Giovanna, was on a phone call with spooky. This allowed the flashback feel more like a conversation between the two friends when they are "facing each other" rather than looking at the same direction in both scenes. Well that's a wrap. The film is finally finished. Stay tuned to see the finished product!!

Until next time!!!!!

Giovanna Pereira



Comments

Popular posts from this blog