Production Blog

 Hello World,

We finally filmed everything we needed for the final task!!! Now, I get to fully edit the film and finish. I've inserted the last 3 scenes that were missing into the timeline in CapCut. But guess what... IT'S TOO LONG. The final task is supposed to be a maximum of 2 minutes long, however, with all the scenes it is currently 4 minutes long.  I felt like fixing the movie's length later so I skipped to the titles. I have never added titles to a video before, so this process was new to me. The text button was easy to find but inputting the text was a lot more complicated than I expected. I first began by creating the title "CHARLIE" and it was by far the title I had the most fun making. When I began playing around with the colors and transitions, I had it fade into the screen and change colors. When the title first appeared it was white and once the music began getting heavier, it would turn red right before the movie actually began. However, when I was looking through the effects, I found something way cooler and creative than before. I decided to keep it only red rather than the title transitioning from white to red. Then I found this transition called "INSERT NAME" and what intrigued me the most was the mysterious vibe it gives off when it is "glitching" into the scene. Then, I went on to make the other 2 main titles that appeared at the beginning which were the name of the studio, in this case, it's "GSM Entertainment", and the name of the production company, which was "Angles Production". Those two titles both had the same transition, a glitch, and the same color, red. They both showed up on a black screen rather than throughout the scenes like the rest of the titles. This was meant to make those specific credits more prominent in the film and to the viewers. Then, I went on to make the rest of the titles. For the rest of these, I used the color white for the type of credit being given and the color red for the names that apply to that specific title. Again, this was meant to make the names pop out more and to also give some sort of variation to the titles rather than keeping them boring by keeping them all the same color. These took the longest because I had to place and align them with their correspondents but I had to place them on top of each other and match the timing of every individual title so they wouldn't stay on the screen longer or shorter than the rest. This was a hassle due to how many I had to add in. That's a wrap for today I'll finish the rest tomorrow.

Until next time,

Giovanna Pereira





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Production Blog