Production Blog

Hello World,

I am reaching the end of the editing for my film "Charlie". The time has finally come... time to crunch down on the length of my film. Like I mentioned in my earlier blog, the film is currently 4 minutes long and the time limit is 2. I have no idea why this always happens to me, I had the same problem in my last project. I think it's because I like to elaborate and be very detailed when making my videos, it always screws me over. In my last project, I sped up a couple of the scene to be able to fit the time limit. For this project I decided to do the same thing but rather than speeding up only a couple of scenes, I sped all of them up to 1.2x. I felt like this speed was the best one because it doesn't seem like the videos are faster than they were originally. For a few of the scenes that did have much dialogue or seemed like they could be sped up a bit more, I raised them a bit more to 1.3x. Once that cut the time down quite a bit, I started to remove some of the scenes that didn't seem necessary, one of these scenes being Daniel going into Giovanna's room and asking what was in his room after he thought he saw a spooky figure in his closet. At the end of doing these two things, it brought my video down from 4 minutes to 2:20. This was HUGE progress. Now, all I had to do is shorten the left over scenes that are still in the film. For example, I cut the scene where the 4 of them were at the table playing Charlie Charlie basically by half. After spending about 30 minutes trying to cut it down as much as I could, I WAS ABLE TO GET IT TO 2 MINUTES!!!!!!!!!!!! Now I can show my parents and friends for some feedback.

Until next time!!!!!!

Giovanna Pereira





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Production Blog